Do you have a crazy, busy schedule? Or maybe you’re just having one of those insanely busy weeks? One of those weeks where you’re so busy that you can barely breath…I know I’ve had ’em and when they happen, it’s so easy to just cut out exercise all together. It’s the easiest thing to nix right? I mean, should you really be taking time for yourself when you can barely BREATH right now?
When things get hectic, working out is usually the first thing to go…But that’s a HUGE mistake! This is actually when you need to workout the most! Think about it, if you are functioning at top level, how much easier will it be to tackle all of those “to-do’s”? Not to mention that you’ll feel SO much better if you can make time to squeeze in some movement. It’ll keep your stress levels down, your happiness up, and your sanity in check! 😉
Make some time for yourself to keep you healthy, happy and focused. Use these tips to help make fitness a priority in your life–even when things get crazy!
1. Schedule your workout like you would any other meeting or important event. If it’s not scheduled, chances are it won’t happen. Your workout should be scheduled just like anything else in your busy schedule. You schedule important meetings, calls & events right? Do the same with your workouts! Make it a priority. Plan it out ahead of time, schedule it advance and then stick to it!
2. Use quick, effective workouts. Have some quick, effective workouts on hand to use if you’re ever in a time crunch. These are quick workouts that can be done anywhere. If you don’t already have a few to pull from, be sure to download my free week of workouts HERE to get you started.
3. Use any spare time you have to get in some movement. Just because you’re short on time doesn’t mean that you can’t get in a great workout. Don’t get into the mindset that a short workout won’t make a difference. A short workout is better than no workout. Use the time you have to get moving-even if it’s only 5 minutes! Just move!
4. Take breaks to get up and move. You most likely spend a lot of time sitting in front of your computer…Am I right? I think this is the case for a lot of us anyways. It’s easy to get caught up in your work, time passes, and you forget to take a break. Make an effort to take some breaks to get up and get moving. It’ll help break up the sitting (too much sitting=horrible for the body) and *bonus* it’ll increase your productivity too–Double win! 🙂
5. Stay hydrated. This is an easy one that makes a huge difference! Be conscious of your water intake throughout the day and make sure you’re staying well hydrated. Not sure how much to drink? An easy rule of thumb, you should be drinking between half an ounce to one ounce of water for every pound of body weight. This might seem like a lot but remember that things other than plain ole’ water count towards this number too. Many foods have a high water content, as well as teas and other water based beverages.
6. Plan ahead with some healthy snacks. Take a couple minutes the night before or first thing in the morning to get some healthy snack options together before you head out the door. That way you’re ready to go no matter what. Even if you get caught in traffic, work runs late, or any other unexpected event–you’re already ready to go with some healthy snacks!
7. Set yourself up for success. Plan out what you think you’ll need to stick to this fitness lifestyle–even when things get hectic. Are there some things you can do to make sure that”ll stay consistent? Or maybe some hacks to make things a little easier on yourself? Like, having a gym bag packed and ready to go is a huge one. Then you have one less step to worry about in the morning. You can just get up and go. What things can you implement to make this lifestyle that much easier?
Take time for yourself and make your health a priority! You’ll feel happier, less stressed, and ready to rock!
Until next time,