The long weekend has officially started! Woo hoo!! Are you ready for it?
Here are some quick tips to feel great, stay on course and still have fun!
1. Just Move. Focus on just getting in some kind of movement–it doesn’t have to be super intense but just move. Getting your heart pumping and blood flowing will give you a sense of accomplishment, elevate your mood and keep you feeling good and happy throughout the weekend.
2. Drink Extra Water. Extra water will help you stay hydrated and feeling good with the warm weather and the added goodies (food & drinks) you’ll be having.
3. Find a Happy Balance. Don’t be too hard on yourself! You can have the foods you like and still stay on track. Enjoy, live life & have fun! If you do get off track, don’t stress. It happens, and guilt tripping yourself will do no good–just get back to it!
4. Opt for Healthy Options When You Can. If wherever you’re heading out to this weekend has healthy options, then great! But if you’re heading out for a party or event and you’re not sure that there will be any, make a healthy meal or snack at the house before you take off. This way you get in some solid protein and veggies beforehand, so if wherever you’re going doesn’t have any healthy options, at least you started the day off right and got in some nutrients. Plus you won’t be absolutely starving when you get there, which usually leads to overindulgence.
5. Remember, One Cookie Won’t Put You Back. Just as one workout session won’t get you ripped, one cookie isn’t going to completely throw you off course. Allow yourself to enjoy some treats GUILT-FREE. Just don’t use the weekend as an all out binge-fest. Life is all about balance. Find what works for you and go with it.
Now go out there and enjoy your weekend! Remember balance is key. Live life, have fun, and feel great!
I’d love to hear any other tips you use to keep yourself on track and feeling great!