I can’t believe it’s already March! Anyone else?? Anyways, months ago I purchased tickets for Lori Harder’s Bliss Project event–not really knowing what to expect but excited to learn. The event happened this weekend and all I can say is WOW!
What an amazing weekend, filled with the most amazing, beautiful and genuine ladies! I’m still trying to process it all! I’m just so grateful that I got to experience it. It was such an amazing environment that really allowed everyone to show up just as they were, and leave feeling empowered, enlightened, and ready to rock!
The Bliss Project is basically a weekend long retreat dedicated to changing your thought patterns to allow you to fully step into your power and purpose. It’s an all women’s event focused on self-development, growth and connecting with an amazing tribe of incredible ladies.
As I’m reading through my notes from the weekend there are soo many amazing things that I learned, but there are a few points that really stuck out to me. Some of them I’ve heard before but this time I really HEARD them. You know? Anyways, these points totally rock so I thought I would share.
1. You are not your patterns, you’re just choosing your patterns. Recognize, release and choose again. Everything in your life is just a set of patterns that you’ve done over and over again to get you to where you are now. Your patterns aren’t your identity and you can change whenever you want. Just recognize the pattern, release it and decide to choose a new pattern. What new pattern will replace your old pattern? Make an action plan.
2. Everything that you’re meant to do in life is hidden underneath your biggest fears. Fear is always guiding us. You know that thing that you’re deathly afraid of? Chances are there’s something to that fear. It’s something that you need to overcome in order to live your purpose. What’s something that scares you that you can do this week? Pick something and do it!
3. If you fight for your limitations, you get to keep them. You are not your limitations. They don’t define you and they don’t stop you, unless you let them. Do you really want to hold on to this limitation and keep convincing yourself that it’s the reason you can’t move forward? If so, keep fighting for it. Otherwise, recognize it for it is and push past it.
4. Have a morning mantra or happiness practice. Your brain literally gets used to the chemicals that you feed it, whether that’s the chemicals associated with happy emotions, or the ones associated with sad emotions. Prolonged patterns of negative thoughts actually start to damage the cells. What are you consistently thinking? A morning mantra or positive affirmation can help get you in the right mindset.
5. Your message is a gift that’s meant to be shared. You could save a life just by standing up and sharing your story. No matter how unique you think your story is, other people have or are experiencing it, and could benefit from knowing that they’re not alone and they can get through it too.
6. Follow things that make you happy, they are bait towards your happiness & purpose. What makes you happy? Make a plan to do that! It doesn’t matter how obscure. It makes you happy and that’s really what life is all about, right? Plus, it’s those things that help lead you to overall happiness and your purpose.
7. You’re not alone. Sometimes when you have something that you’re struggling with, it can seem like you’re all alone, like you’re the only weirdo experiencing it. Totally NOT the case. Like, ever. No matter what the issue is, guarantee that there are others struggling with the same thing.
8. Other people see you differently than you see yourself. Wow this was a huge eye-opener and seriously so cool! Other people see you in a totally different light than you see yourself. Some of the things that these women felt they were lacking, were the exact things that drew others to them! Others saw that trait in them, even if they didn’t see it themselves. How crazy is that? We are so hard on ourselves and tend to see the worst. Work on changing your mindset & how you see yourself.
9. Our belief systems create our choices and our choices change our lives. When you’re making choices, you use the information available to you (your beliefs) to make those choices. These choices are what ultimately guide your life. What beliefs do you have?
Now I’m sure that you’ve heard some of this before, maybe even multiple times, but I have to say that it’s a totally different thing to actually experience it. I highly recommend going to events like this. Find ones that get you excited and take the leap! Register! They can be expensive, but they can also be life-changing!
When I go to events like this, I go with the soul-purpose of learning at least one new take-away. If I learn at least one new thing, it’s a success and worth every penny! But it’s usually always so much more than that. Events like this force you step out of your comfort zone, get real with yourself, and really dig deep into your own beliefs and thought patterns. Not to mention, that you meet and connect with the most amazing like-minded people who really empower and motivate you to keep moving forward.
Invest in yourself and realize that it’s all part of the journey. You have to be constantly learning and pushing boundaries in order to grow. Growth is necessary to move forward in your life and to fully step into your life’s purpose. Like it was said this weekend, “the you now is not the you who’s going to complete your goal.” It takes consistent learning and pushing past your fears to grow and transform into the kind of person it takes to accomplish that goal you’re after.
I hope this info was eye-opening for you, but if it wasn’t this time that’s okay too. “Wherever you are is perfect.” Sometimes it takes several times of hearing the same thing over and over again until it finally just clicks.
Here’s to a week of growth and action!
Until next time,