So you’re absolutely hooked on a certain type of workout. You're in love! You cannot wait until the next session. You leave feeling like a million bucks. AWESOME! You've found your 'it' workout and that's amazing! Everyone should find theirs! Just make sure that you don’t get caught up in the same routine day after day. You still need to switch it up and keep things fresh. Chances are, you'll end up finding another 'it' workout too! One that you wouldn't have ever found had you just kept the same 'ole routine.
Don’t burn yourself out. No matter how much you love a certain workout, if you continue to do nothing but that specific workout, eventually you’ll end up burning yourself out. The workout won’t be fun anymore and your results will come to a screeching halt--the dreaded plateau!
Switch it up! Switching up your workout is crazy important for a few reasons:
1. Keeps it fun & interesting! Switching up your workout every now and then will keep things fun and interesting. You don’t want to get bored with the same old routine, only to stop working out all together. Switch it up, keep it fresh, keep it fun!
2. Find your “it” workout. If you haven’t found your “it” workout yet (that workout that you LOVE, the workout that is fun for you and you enjoy doing it) then switching it up is a great way to find it. Keep trying new workouts until you find some that you love!
3. Keep your body guessing. Switching up your workouts every so often will keep your body guessing and help avoid the dreaded plateau.
4. Step outside of your comfort zone. Trying new workouts gives you the chance to step outside of your comfort zone and do try something new. Any step outside of your comfort zone is always a good thing!
5. Confidence through the roof. Trying a new workout can be scary at first and it’s obviously easier to stick with what you already know...but where’s the fun in that?! Trying a new workout can be a chance to master something new & increase your level of confidence. Maybe you thought you couldn’t do it, but you DID! You signed up for that class, showed up and put in thework! It doesn’t matter that you aren’t pro status after one class--you did it! It was new, it was scary, and it was hard but you KILLED IT! Confidence through the roof!
You don’t have to change it all. This doesn’t mean that you have to change up your entire workout or drop your favorite workout completely, but just change something about it. For example, if you LOVE lifting weights--great! But make sure you’re not doing the same exact routine that you were doing months ago. There are a million exercises and so many ways to switch things up. Change the amount of reps, change the intensity, try a totally new workout, change up the exercises, change the amount of rest in between exercises--just find a way to make it new!
Keep it Fun & Fresh! Let me know what new thing you’re going to try out this week! I can’t wait to hear from you!